First programme details revealed for Asia's premier property summit, taking place in Hong Kong, November 27-28
HONG KONG, CHINA - Media OutReach - 27 September 2018 - World-renowned property summit MIPIM Asia 2018 will offer a glimpse into the cities of the future, with this year's event carrying the future-facing theme "Invest in a better tomorrow".
More than 900 property leaders from across the continent will gather to wonder how coming generations will live and work, at the leading industry event, taking place in Hong Kong on 27-28 November.
Inviting contributors to imagine the world in 2030, the conference agenda will present real estate professionals with valuable insights into hot topics including smart cities, sustainability and the blooming proptech boom -- as well as exploring retail trends and the ever-growing investment opportunities presented across the world's most populous continent.
Playing the joint roles of property expo, industry conference and networking summit, MIPIM Asia is a regional spin-off of the annual MIPIM summit, hosted in Cannes every March and established as the world's leading property market.
Following upcoming sister events including MIPIM UK (17-18 October) and MIPIM PropTech NYC (6 November), MIPIM Asia is organiser Reed MIDEM's last major global property show of the year.
"I'm thrilled to cap an incredible and innovative year with our trademark event celebrating the world's most dynamic continent -- MIPIM Asia," said MIPIM director Ronan Vaspart.
"Cities across Asia are consistently ranked among the fastest growing in the world, and Asia is expected to hold its status as the fastest developing continent until at least 2030 -- the year we're asking professionals to imagine at MIPIM Asia in November.
"The real estate sector will play an integral role in shaping the cities of tomorrow. At MIPIM Asia we will together consider how to make our evolving metropolises as smart, sustainable, durable -- and ultimately, liveable -- as possible."
The first preliminary details of MIPIM Asia have now been revealed. Highlights include:
- A packed programme of more than 30 conference sessions over two days, featuring headline keynote speakers, pertinent panel discussions, networking events and more.
- A special focus on how technology is transforming traditional property issues, at the all-new MIPIM Proptech Asia series -- an intensive standalone programme of eight sessions across two stages.
- A keynote speech on smart cities from celebrated China expert Jonathan Woetzel, MGI Director and Senior Partner at McKinsey & Company's Shanghai office and co-author of numerous influential books on regional business, including The One Hour ChinaBook and Operation China: From Strategy to Execution.
- Detailed analysis of retail property trends on high streets across Asia-Pacific, including a fresh focus on the roles played by the F&B, culture and leisure sectors, as part of the annual Retail Forum Powered by MAPIC.
- The Belt & Road Forum -- a daylong series of sessions examining the collaborative prospects presented by China's Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) in the UK, France, Russia and beyond.
- Networking opportunities with 900+ delegates representing 750 companies, including more than 120 C-level representatives booked to appear as guest speakers.
- A forward-facing agenda exploring the future opportunities of employment and lifestyle trends including co-working and flexible workspaces.
- Regional winners of the prestigious MIPIM Startup Competition -- which celebrates the most promising and innovative property start-ups -- will be revealed at MIPIM Asia on November 27. The contest is open to entries until the deadline of October 28, before the shortlisted finalists are revealed on November 14.
See www.mipim.com/startup-competition/#HongKong for more..
Notes for editors
About MIPIM Asia Summit
MIPIM Asia Summit is the annual property leaders' summit in Asia Pacific organised by Reed MIDEM, is widely seen as a "must-attend" event for leading industry professionals. It features expert-led conference sessions, premium networking accelerators and an exclusive awards gala dinner over a two-day period. Distinguished speakers, senior executives, high-level business professionals and industry experts from around the world will discuss the latest developments and prevailing trends in the property and retail industry. MIPIM -- the world's property market is the leading and largest global property event. The four day event takes place annually in Cannes every March. 24,200 delegates attended in 2017 with 5,000 investors, and 100 different countries being represented.
About Reed MIDEM:
Founded in 1963, Reed MIDEM is an organiser of professional, international markets that are essential business platforms for key players in the sectors concerned. These sectors are MIPTV, MIPDOC, MIPCOM, MIPJUNIOR in Cannes, MIP China in Hangzhou and MIP Cancun in Mexico for the television and digital content industries; MIDEM in Cannes for music professionals; Esports BAR in Cannes and in Miami for the esports business; MIPIM in Cannes, MIPIM UK in London, MIPIM Asia Summit in Hong Kong and MIPIM PropTech NYC in New York and MIPIM PropTech Europe in Paris for the real estate industry; MAPIC in Cannes, MAPIC Russia in Moscow, MAPIC Italy in Milan, MAPIC India in Mumbai and MAPIC Food & Beverage in Milan for the retail real estate sector. www.reedmidem.com
About Reed Exhibitions:
Reed Exhibitions is the world's leading events organiser, with over 500 events in 30 countries. In 2017 Reed brought together over seven million event participants from around the world generating billions of dollars in business. Today Reed events are held throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa and organised by 38 fully staffed offices. Reed Exhibitions serves 43 industry sectors with trade and consumer events. It is part of RELX Group, a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries.
For additional information about the MIPIM Asia Summit and programme, please visit here.
To register as press, please contact MIPIM Asia local PR partner.